Breast cancer continues as a leading health concern for women
Statistically, breast cancer is the second most common form of cancer among women in the United States, accounting for more than one in three cancers diagnosed in women, according to the American Cancer Society. 3D Mammography, coupled with computer assisted detection capability, is rapidly becoming the standard of care.
3D Mammography provides the radiologist with enhanced images, and the ability to closely examine any areas of concern, by manipulating the images for better magnification. Ellis mammography suites are equipped with the FDA-approved MammoPad, for a softer, warmer and more comfortable screening,
Ellis proudly offers digital mammography services at the following locations:
Bellevue Woman’s Center
(2210 Troy-Schenectady Road, Niskayuna) offers:
- 3D Mammography (Breast Care Center)
- Minimally invasive stereotactic and ultrasound guided breast biopsies
- Bone density screening
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call Medical Imaging at Bellevue Woman's Center at 518.243.3333.
Ellis Hospital’s Bruggeman Center for Diagnosis & Treatment
(1101 Nott Street, Schenectady) offers:
- Angiography - digital technology that enables doctors to view full color, three dimensional body x-rays in real time.
- CT (Computed Tomography) - including a 64-slice CT scanner to produce detailed three-dimensional (3-D) images of the body, more quickly than ever before. Ellis uses advanced computer software that reduces the amount of exposure a patient gets from a CT scan by up to 40%. This is a major advancement and safety benefit for patients.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) / MRA (Magnetic Resonance Angiography) - our MRI capabilities are among the fastest and most powerful in the Capital Region, producing detailed 2-D and 3-D body images.
- Nuclear Medicine procedures
For more information about breast & medical imaging services at Ellis Hospital, please call 518.243.4311.