Become a Patient Advisor
Do you want to be a member of our Patient and Family Advisory Council?
A member of the patient and family advisory council is someone who:
- partners with hospital doctors, nurses, and administrators to help improve the quality of our hospital’s care for all patients and family members
- gives feedback to the hospital based on his or her own experiences as a patient or family member
- helps us plan changes to improve how we take care of patients
- volunteers his or her time (usually at least 1 hour and not more than 4 hours per month)
- provides a voice that represents the perspective of patients or families of patients who receive care at Ellis
Qualifications and Requirements
You can apply to be an adviser if you or a family member received care at Ellis in the last 5 years. You do not need any special qualifications to be an adviser. What’s most important is your experience as a patient or family member.
Requirements of Participation
- Completion and acceptance of a volunteer membership application
- Mandatory volunteer orientation – will be scheduled with you at your convenience
- Agreement to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Confidentiality agreement
- Attendance of at least 75% of scheduled meetings per year. Meetings will be scheduled in advance for a recurring date and time; however team member flexibility is preferred.
Learn More or Apply
To learn more or to obtain necessary documentation to apply, please call 518.243.1943.