Rehabilitation | Short Stay Rehab
Get better - Get back to your life
Ellis Medicine offers the area’s newest, most contemporary setting for patients who need short-term rehabilitation care. The separate, dedicated 16-bed unit provides a stepping stone between the hospital and home after hip and knee replacements and other surgical procedures. Our new unit offers a "bridge" of seamless care from hospital to home, supported by the full resources of Ellis Hospital.
Our focus is on you - to help you make progress and get stronger - so you can get back to your life. From the expert round-the-clock nursing staff and rehabilitation coordinator to therapists, nutritionists and case managers - our entire team is dedicated to helping you reach that goal. In addition, you’ll be seen by our physicians, who are also available 24/7 to respond to your needs.
Members of your team come up with a plan of care that addresses your individual needs. Your team follows through and carefully monitors your progress to help you achieve your goals.
- IV therapy
- Physical and occupational therapy, 6 days a week
- Speech and swallowing therapy, 6 days a week
- Wound care, including wound vacs
What sets our Short Stay Rehabilitation Unit apart?
- Expert staff
- Access to full hospital resources
- Warm, welcoming, contemporary setting
- Enhanced functionality and safety features support and promote your progress and independence: easy access, wide doorways, special low beds adjust to assist your needs
- Flat-screen TVs with pillow speakers
- Made-to-order breakfasts, restaurant-style dining with daily chef specialties
- Comfortable private and semi-private rooms
- Cyber center, equipped with computers and free wireless internet access
- Roof Garden
- Beauty Parlor
Our interdisciplinary team of health care providers work together with patient and family to formulate personalized plans to maximize independence with the goal of teaching the patient skills needed to return to home. Patients in this program typically stay between 10 to 30 days.
For more information about the Ellis Residential & Rehabilitation Center, please call 518.382.2250.