Safeguarding Athletes’ Long-Term Health
Ellis Physical Therapy offers baseline testing, post-concussion injury evaluation and treatment using the latest state-of-the-art technology.
Understanding the Risks
- More than 1.6 million sport-related concussions occur each year.
- Even mild concussions are difficult to quickly and accurately diagnose.
- Young athletes with a concussion are four times more likely to sustain a bone or joint injury.
- A balance assessment is recommended at the start of each sport season by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and National Football League (NFL).
- Designed for NASA and used exclusively by professional sports organizations, the NeuroCom® Balance Master™ provides comprehensive balance assessments.
- Ellis is one of only two organizations in the Capital Region with the NeuroCom® Balance Master™ and the only facility with stability testing designed exclusively for evaluating an athlete’s balance.
Better Data = Better Decisions
Proper concussion care leads to safer play and return-to-play decisions. Ellis Physical Therapy uses a three-pronged approach for the most accurate and objective determination on when an athlete is ready to return to play by providing:
- Symptom Screening
- Cognitive Testing
- Balance Assessment
How Can We Help?
Pre-season screenings for high school and college athletes (including memory testing and balance evaluation) are offered at a cost of $50.
Post-injury comprehensive evaluations and treatment are provided by our specialized team. These interventions follow the latest evidence-based guidelines for return to play and are covered by most insurances.
Watch Benita Zahn's (NBC-13, WNYT) Feature on Ellis' Concussion Management Program
Ellis Physical Therapy
939 Route 146, Building 500, Clifton Park
To schedule an appointment, or for more information, please call 518.631.9158.