Return to COVID-19 Staff Information
Clinical Updates ≫ Outpatient COVID Testing
All providers, please be advised of the following regarding COVID-19 testing:
- Changes in regulation dictate that testing for all elective procedures should be 3 to 5 days prior to procedures. Testing cannot be less than 3 days or more than 5 days prior.
- Testing is by appointment only. Appointments may be scheduled by calling 518-382-2400, Monday thru Friday.
- All testing to be held indoors at designated location, to the left of Main Entrance, 600 McClellan St., Schenectady. Testing runs Monday through Friday.
- Testing hours have changed, and are now 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for patients who require testing for an upcoming procedure.
- All EMG and OBGYN patients can be scheduled between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- We have transitioned to a less invasive nasal swabbing method suitable for the largest possible patient population. Testing with this method is nearly as sensitive as the traditional nasopharyngeal method and we have been able to ensure a quicker turnaround for results—with less patient discomfort and testing anxiety.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as processes are refined with an eye on continuous improvement.